Have you ever contemplated the expansion of your small business through the launch of an online store?
The first phases of any new venture, big or small, is to generate initial ideas and scope out what’s already out there.
Having a good vision of your soon-to-be e-store at hand will help you communicate better with your designer. Knowing what’s possible will also allow you to determine your desired outcomes.
When it comes to website design, one of the best and easiest ways to get ideas and inspiration is simply to browse through web design galleries, which are sites that aggregate and present beautiful websites.
Below, you will find seven web design galleries that feature excellent, high-quality e-commerce website designs. At the end, you will also discover a brief list of articles and papers about e-commerce design that you should read to equip yourself with some fundamental knowledge, should you choose to pursue the creation of your very own online store.
Here are five articles and papers related to ecommerce design that could help you design and build an excellent ecommerce site:
- 15 Common Mistakes in E-Commerce Design: Smashing Magazine, a premier design blog, has an article discussing errors commonly found in existing online stores.
- Shopping Cart Design: Improved User Interaction Lead To Conversions: If you’re wondering how important your e-store’s design is, read this case study that discusses how an online store managed to increase sales by 94% through site design improvement.
- Hidden Secrets of the Amazon Shopping Cart: A popular model for many e-stores is Amazon.com because the site is remarkably successful. This article investigates the design of Amazon.com’s shopping cart.
- 10 Absentee UX Features on Top e-Commerce Sites: This article is based on findings of a study conducted on 100 e-commerce websites.
- E-commerce User Interface Design for the Web: This academic paper provides suggestions for designing e-commerce user interfaces.
More Small Business Resources From OPEN Forum: